Thursday, February 25, 2016

A World Without You

Hello everyone! It's Joni and today I'm sharing my take on the awesome new Color My World stamp set. And, I'm combining it with an unlikely candidate - the cute bear from the Happy Mail stamp set.

Although these are two completely different styles of stamp sets, they make a perfect match, don't you think?

To begin, I created a standard A2 card base from black card stock and a watercolor panel just a little bit smaller than an A2 card. Next, I stamped the sentiment from Color My World in Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Using Windsor & Newton watercolors, I added bright pools of color over the sentiment and a just a bit beyond. The heat embossing resists the color and allows the sentiment to pop out of the pools of color.

The grass was added with a little free-hand watercolor (grass is an easy one to tackle free-hand as it doesn't have to be perfect). I also watercolored the bear, ink tubes and paint brush images, fussy cut them and adhered with foam tape.

A little sparkle in the form of Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins finishes it off.

Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: Color My World and Happy Mail // Cardstock: WhiteBlack

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Featured Wplus9 Supplies

37 comments:

  1. Your are so talented, Joni. Your card is absolutely amazing. I am so in love. Wonderful idea! Love, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! So fun and creative. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So in love with this Joni! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous! Really one of the nicest cards I have seen in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely done! I would have never thought a person could make those two sets work together--but now I am seeing it. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely amazing! LOVE this wonderful creative design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card! I bought the color stamp set but haven't used it because I just wasn't feeling it - it needed the love of a bear!!! Thank u!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent card .. love the bear with the paint brush.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't begin to tell you how much I love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in agreement with everyone else..this card is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joni, your card is so sweet. I love this set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cool! Love the bear on the paint tubes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Totally inspiring! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, how sweet is this!!? Absolutely gorgeous!!! Your coloring is amazing too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. JONI!!! Oh this is so super cute!!! I never would have thought to combine those sets. LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You win the internet. This is ASTONISHING.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh what an amazing card! it's absolutely tender and sweet!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous color! You have the magic touch Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful adorable card and what a great idea of combining two sets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. SOOO adorable, Joni!! It looks like this belongs in an illustrated children's book. FABULOUS job!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh. my. word. This is SO FABULOUS!!! I love what you paired together to make this!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely adorable and beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such an outstanding card! Absolutely in love with coloring. It's amazing! And the sweet bear is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is stunning! Makes me want to get my paints out!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is marvelous! I love the theme, the splashes and the beautiful vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest