Monday, December 22, 2014

Last Minute Gift Tags

Hi, It's Maureen here today with quick and easy gift tags.  I sat down to wrap gifts the other day and realized that I never purchased gift tags.  What's a paper crafter to do? Make them of course!

My paper this year is very rustic, similar to kraft paper with a gold snowflake print. I wanted the tags to coordinate perfectly with my gifts. 

Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: Heartfelt Holiday, Merriest Wishes // Dies: Snowflake Trio, Timeless Tags 2 // Cardstock: Oatmeal

These tags were so quick and easy to make. It took longer to die cut everything than it did to stamp and assemble them.  When mass producing tags, or even cards, do one step at a time.  This makes the process go much faster.

I started by die cutting all of my pieces. Since the tags and snowflakes are small, I could die cut both at the same time.  Next I stamped the background, then distressed each tag. The sentiments were stamped one at a time beginning with the "From:" so I could ensure that I'd have enough room to fit it in. Thinking back now, I could have picked up both on an acrylic block and stamped them at the same time, saving myself one step. I added the snowflakes with dimensionals and embellished each tag with sequins.

Forgetting to buy tags didn't turn out so badly after all. I'm thrilled that each gift we give this year will have that handmade touch, making it even more special.

Happy Holidays everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Love your tags. Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background effect! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been meaning to make my own Christmas tags for some time now. This year, I finally purchased the supplies to do so but...still didn't get to making them. Well, maybe next year. I really enjoyed looking at your tags. They are so simple, sophisticated and pretty! Question: what kind of paper did you use for the snowflakes? Was it a sparkled paper of some sort? If so, please let me know the brand and name too please.

    Keep crafting (and sharing)!
    April

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest